SARATOGA SPRINGS — Sustainable Saratoga is hosting their 7th annual Saratoga Recycles Day event on Saturday, Oct. 7, from 9 a.m. - Noon at SPAC Parking Lot, west side of Route 50.
There is a $5 entrance fee per vehicle (cash or check - please bring exact change). Sort your items according to the drop-off stations:
• Eyeglasses & Hearing Aids for the Saratoga Lions Club: sunglasses & eyeglasses (prescription or nonprescription), hearing aids in any condition.
• Cell Phones and cell phone chargers for Wellspring
• Musical Instruments for We Are Instrumental (any condition). No pianos or drum sets.
• Saratoga Children’s Literacy League: Gently used children’s and young adult books. No religious or holiday books.
• Camping Equipment (useable) for RISE Housing and Support Services: including tents, stoves, backpacks, sleeping bags and pads
• Clothing & Household Textiles for American Clothing Company (any condition): clothes, coats, shoes, belts, hats, gloves, sleeping bags, backpacks, sheets, comforters, towels, etc. No pillows, carpeting, or rugs with rubber backing.
• Metal Objects and Refrigerants by JGS Recycling: basketball hoops, grills, unusable bikes, metal lawn care equipment, scrap metal, refrigerators, dehumidifiers, and AC units
• Electronics & Appliances by eLot Electronic Recycling, Inc.: TVs and monitors are an additional $30 fee per item. No smoke detectors, thermostats, or batteries.
For more information visit the website: https://sustainablesaratoga.org/projects/zero-waste/saratoga-recycles-day/