SARATOGA SPRINGS —The Saratoga Independent School (S.I.S.) Board of Trustees would like to congratulate Lisa Brown, Head of School, on her upcoming retirement and announce the search for a new Head of School for the 2021-2022 school year.
Lisa Brown has served as Head of School since 2017. Among Ms. Brown’s many contributions to the School are:
• successfully leading the recent $1.7 million Capital Campaign, the largest in the school’s history;
• the build-out of the new academic wing, completing the now nearly 40,000 square foot facility;
• the launch of a Middle School encompassing grades 6-8, soon to be graduating its first 8th grade class;
• adding a competitive S.I.S. soccer team for grades 5-8 and a school mascot, Thunder the Moose; and
• enhancing and expanding curriculum for all grades.
“My plan when I came to S.I.S. was to be here for four years, and I have loved my time and the people, especially the students, who are always a joyful part of my life. For almost thirty years, S.I.S. has been focused on all that is best for children, cherishing the richness of childhood while inspiring an appreciation for learning that is out of the ordinary. The mission of our school is to empower students to be curious and confident learners, capable of critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork and articulate expression. As an inclusive, nurturing community that values diversity and mutual respect, we strive to cultivate in our students the knowledge, skills, work ethic, and character to lead purposeful, healthy lives,” said Lisa Brown.
Board President, Julie S. Fuller, expressed her gratitude to Ms. Brown for all that she has done to strengthen the school during her tenure and for skillfully guiding the school through the COVID-19 pandemic.
The S.I.S. Board of Trustees has created a Search Committee to work with the assistance of a NYSAIS consultant to facilitate the search process for the next Head of School. The deadline for applications is March 15.